Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Branch

There's a tree. There is just one branch covered in a rich red fruit which is dripping with juice. This branch stems not from the trunk of the tree, but goes down through a hole in the trunk and into the heart of the tree near the roots. The tree itself is planted in deep water, not just covered up to the low branches, but completely immersed.

This branch is the fruitful church. The Lord has promised that we will be transformed in the next few weeks, and as a wonderful person reminded me today-

"I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me."
Acts 27:25

Jesus promised that if we should abide in him, we would bear much fruit. But it is not enough simply to be joined to the trunk. It is not enough to merely associate yourself with a church. It is not enough to act all spiritual in the hope of bearing fruit. We have to get to the heart of the Father. We must be close enough to him to hear his specific word to us his children in order to walk the most proifitable path and therefore bear the most fruit.

But the tree is planted, nay, immersed in the water- the word of God. Robert Mearns spoke on Sunday about the importance water from the deep. Surface water is bacteria ridden, death-water. But water from the deep well is pure and life-giving. Ezekiel spoke about water up to the ankles, knees, waist and water in which to swim.

Why are we so satisfied with the shallow water? This is why I am so obsessed with the deep things of scripture- because herein is found the life source of our faith. This is where the keys to prosperity and fruitfulness are found.

I'm diving in...

4 Comments:

Blogger doo said...

I'm awarding myself 100 points for the use of the word 'nay' as a parenthesis, and a further 100 for the phrase 'death-water.'

That is all...

7:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll award you another 100 points, and 100 points to myself, if you don't mind, because the letter I wrote to you is about the fathers heart.

10:08 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was quite random, was just doing some r.e. revision for next wednesday and came across that verse. Reminded me of what you said at Fire on friday about that person saying to you "what if God doesn't?" So thought i should send you it.

I really needed to hear that too about the heart of the Father.

O man - yay for God speaking through blogs!!

Also you and laura are like, the same! On the same wavelength or something - so cool! You are both such an encouragement to me so I award many points to the both of you!!

11:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Olivia a lot. not just because you give me points.

12:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home