Monday, April 24, 2006

The prism

In prayer this morning, the Lord called to remembrance a vision I received a few years ago.

I see Dunmurry from above, as if hovering in a helicopter. I see a beam of light coming from the sky into the roof of the church, it gets thinner and thinner, and yet grows more focussed and intense. Just when I thought it could not get anymore intense, I see the church burst into flames and the whole surrounding area consumed with the fire. The fire continues to spread outwards, to the ends of the earth...?

This speaks of the intensity and focus of our spirituality. As we become more intense in our search and more focussed in our prayers the Lord will meet us with revival and impact our area. It's not about amount of time, or the quantity of our meetings, but the quality, the fruitfulness if you will, of our spirituality.

Today I saw that same vision, and then saw it from the inside of the church. There were people walking around the main sanctuary praying. There were individual beams of light coming from a single point in the ceiling- the point where the beam from heaven hit the roof- and hitting their hearts. I looked up to the ceiling and saw a prism, deflecting the rays into the hearts of the people. I looked closer at the prism and saw myself (shrunk down of course) inside it, catching the rays and throwing them out to the people. Then I see this same prism with me inside it mounted on a breastplate. I look at the warrior and it's me! The prism is still receiving a ray from heaven, but this time it is throwing it out at enemies on the battle field. They are defeated by the light, and warrior me (not prism me) stands and rejoices in the victory.

So I'll say straight up that the prism me doesn't speak of me, or my gifting, necessarily. It speaks of the prophetic spirit. It is that which distributes the light of God into peoples lives. It is that which enlightens the church, and brings revelation of the Kingdom of God. In a way, the prophetic spirit is just like that prism- it takes the light of God and makes it real to people. It's no longer just a beam of light from heaven, but it's a personal beam of light, made real through prophecy. It's the same on the battle field, it takes a revelation of God's victory and makes it real in every battle, and for every struggle and temptation we face.

There is reason God is unleashing prophecy in our lives. And I mean ours, not mine. You know who you are....

1 Corinthians 14:32.The spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'the spirirt of the prophets is subject to the prophets'

thats been on my heart. God showed me it. but i dont fully understand it

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home