Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The tree. Tuesday/Wednesday 11/12th April 2006

Ok. It's Friday, I've been away for a few days. So i'll fill you in.

Tuesday night. The Empire music hall. It's jazz night. I go to the bathroom.

I see a tree. It's all burnt up. It's charred black, and I can see the fruit hanging on the branches, charred black as well. Seemingly burnt to a crisp. Pretty cool looking, but what does it mean?

Wednesday. I'm at my host's house in England. Praying before bed.

I see the tree again. But a piece of fruit splits in half and I can see inside it. It's still juicy and rich, and very much alive.

Hmmm. It's not enough that we just cut off all the appearance of the flesh from our lives. It's not enough that people think that we our flesh is crucified. It's not even enough for us to convince ourselves. It has to be completely consumed in the fire, not just charred on the outside. God doesn't just want to repress our flesh. He doesn't just want to hide it away somewhere. He want's you dead...

That last bit is really scary. Oh man

PS. I changed the date to tuesday. Like R. Kelly, I have turned back the hands of time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

heck yeah dude. man i remember the Lord showing me myself basically building this giant building and then looking at it and saying "oh wow, look at me, what a great thing i have built" but then was grieved that the Lord could have no part in it.

it just caused me to realize that so many times we try and build up this giant machine of perfection to keep ourselves from sinning, we build up this machine to fight sin when in fact, it would be better for us to sin and see the power of God bring us out than to build up some structure and say "oh wow look at me and what i can do." i would much rather say "look at my God and what He can do."

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey its me again

reading this for the first time and i really can see why i made time to do this tonight

not just charred. dead.

i love the rkelly line. it mde me laugh a lot!

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home