Monday, October 02, 2006

The Lake

Back to the Lake again. It's so peaceful- the sun is shining across the surface, and it is as still as glass. I am swimming across this lake making slow but steady progress, but clearly enjoying the journey.

Just when I am beginning to enjoy myself most, a speed boat motors past me churning up the water, and speeds to the other side of the lake right were I'm headed.

So much of our religion is like that speed boat- just a machine to get us to the other side. I'm still heading to the other side, but I'm going to make the most of the journey. Sure, maybe somebody has a structure which will accomplish all our goals ten times more efficiently and it's a proven mechanism for church growth, and that's all it is- a machine headed for the other side.

No machine can beat real life.

Go. Live.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

couldnt agree with you more. we most certainly need that time to just enjoy life. so often we miss the awesome things God has for us in immaturity because all we can see is the things we wish would change.

8:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very deep.

11:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home